Peel and stick wallpaper is a great way to add a unique touch to any room in your home. It’s easy to install, and it’s a great way to update the look of a room without having to paint or wallpaper. But before you start using peel and stick wallpaper, there are a few things you should know.
1. Measure the Wall: Before you buy any wallpaper, you should measure the wall you plan to cover. This will help you determine how much wallpaper you need to buy.
2. Choose the Right Wallpaper: Peel and stick wallpaper comes in a variety of styles and colors. Make sure you choose a wallpaper that will complement the room you are decorating.
3. Prepare the Wall: Before you apply the wallpaper, make sure the wall is clean and free of dust and debris. This will help ensure that the wallpaper adheres properly.
4. Start at the Top: When applying the wallpaper, start at the top of the wall and work your way down. This will help ensure that the wallpaper is applied evenly.
5. Use a Smoothing Tool: After you apply the wallpaper, use a smoothing tool to make sure the wallpaper is applied evenly. This will help ensure that the wallpaper looks its best.
6. Trim the Edges: Once the wallpaper is applied, you will need to trim the edges. Use a sharp blade to make sure the edges are clean and even.
7. Clean the Wallpaper: After the wallpaper is applied, make sure to clean it regularly. This will help keep the wallpaper looking its best.
These are just a few things to keep in mind when using peel and stick wallpaper. With a little bit of preparation and care, you can easily transform any room in your home with peel and stick wallpaper.