Breast cancer is one of the most common types of cancer in women, and it’s important to be aware of the warning signs so that you can catch it early and get the best possible treatment. While it’s true that most breast lumps are not cancerous, it’s still important to be aware of the warning signs and to get any suspicious lumps checked out by a doctor. Here are some of the warning signs of breast cancer that you should not ignore.
1. A lump or thickening in the breast or underarm area. This is the most common symptom of breast cancer, and it’s important to get any lumps checked out by a doctor.
2. Changes in the size or shape of the breast. If you notice that one of your breasts is suddenly larger or smaller than the other, or if the shape of your breast has changed, it could be a sign of breast cancer.
3. Changes in the skin of the breast. If you notice any dimpling, puckering, or redness of the skin on your breast, it could be a sign of breast cancer.
4. Nipple discharge. If you notice any discharge from your nipple that is not milk, it could be a sign of breast cancer.
5. Swelling or pain in the breast or armpit. If you notice any swelling or pain in your breast or armpit, it could be a sign of breast cancer.
If you notice any of these warning signs, it’s important to get them checked out by a doctor as soon as possible. Early detection is key to getting the best possible treatment for breast cancer, so don’t ignore these warning signs.